Having been promoted a fast towing low-cost budget airline for the domestic sector in India, IndiGo has attained much popularity ever since it started operation. This airline has much to offer including cheaper rates that make it affordable and time management and least or no hassles at all in its operation. The airline had received the 'Best Domestic Low Cost Carrier' in India award during 2008.
Baggage Allowance Rules In Indigo Flights
- IndiGo baggage allowance rules are set for the passengers who can carry one cabin baggage whose dimension shouldn’t exceed 115 total linear dimension at 55cm+35cm+25cm. Passengers boarding IndiGo flights must remember the baggage allowance IndiGo rule which permits maximum weight carrying permit of 8 kg as hand carry. One may keep one extra hand baggage for some personal items especially laptop or ladies purses permitted on board.
- The baggage allowance rules for Indigo Passengers are clearly defined that the passengers should carry a clear transparent re-sealable liter sized plastic bag. It may be used to keep some quantities of liquids especially gels, pastes and other items that one might need while journeying. These items might be screened at any point of time for security checking purpose.
- The carriage of dry cell batteries, knives, scissors, sharp instruments, tools, fire arms, ammunition or toy replicas and explosives are prohibited safety reasons. IndiGo baggage allowance doesn’t permit their carriage in cabin.
Indigo Check in Baggage Allowance
- The baggage allowance IndiGo rule applied for the passengers in check-in is free until maximum 20 kg per traveler
- Do note that the maximum dimension of check-in baggage shouldn’t exceed to 158 cm (length + width + height)
Excess Baggage Allowance
The airline charges Rs 100 per kg for the excess baggage after the free allowance of 20 kg per passenger.